To celebrate what will be the biggest ever year at Scarborough Open Air, venue promoters Cuffe and Taylor have announced two special treats for music fans.
This Sunday venue staff will hide a pair of tickets for each of this summer’s gigs at secret locations around Peasholm Park, Scarborough.
Tickets for Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds, Britney Spears, Lionel Richie, Bastille, Steps and Nile Rodgers and CHIC among many more will be hidden around the park in silver envelopes.
And on Monday, anyone who has bought a ticket for any show at the venue this year will get access to an exclusive pre-sale. This will enable customers to secure their tickets for the final music act to be announced – 24 hours before anyone else!
Cuffe and Taylor Director Peter Taylor said: “This is going to be a sensational and record-breaking year at Scarborough OAT with massive stars and true music legends performing at this wonderful venue. We cannot wait to reveal who the latest big-name act is Monday morning.
The Treasure Hunt will begin at midday on Sunday.
- 15 silver envelopes will be left at various locations around Peasholm Park. Inside each envelope will be a special code relating to a specific OAT show.
- The lucky finders must then take the envelope and code to the OAT box office to redeem their pair of tickets.
- This is limited to one pair of tickets per finder and tickets must be redeemed before the box office closes at 4pm on Sunday.
- Participants of the Treasure Hunt are reminded to be respectful of the park, other visitors, and please do not to walk on any flower beds as no tickets will be hidden here.
- Throughout the afternoon check in at the Open Air Theatre Box Office to see what ‘Music Treasure’ is still to find. Good luck and happy hunting!
Tickets for all shows are available via www.scarboroughopenairtheatre.com or from Scarborough Open Air Theatre Box Office (01723 818111) and the Discover Yorkshire Coast Tourism Bureau (01723 383636).